[weekly report] Week 7 - Gsettings-GTK

Hello!
We are half way through now! Things have slowed down a bit on my side
and I'm away quite a bit in the next two weeks, so it doesn't look
like I will get done everything I planned at the start of the summer.
But I have a bit of padding in my todo list, so hopefully this just
means I won't be converting as many apps to use the new framework.
There's not a huge amount of 'core' work left to do. I also need to
speak to Ryan soon who has been in Gran Canaria

What I did do is:
* Implemented a method of loading schemas from the source tree, which
gives a GSettings object a 'schema-source-file' property: if the file
found, is loaded before the schemas database is queried.
* Rewrote the part of my waf script that implements the ui/schema compile chain
* Added a <settings schema=.. path=.. /> GtkBuilder tag
* Subclassed GSettingsList to make a GtkBuildable 'GtkSettingsList' object
* Updated gsetting-scan-ui script to honour the above two items

Most of these things still need a bit of work. Like I said I'm not
around much next week, but hopefully I will get to finish off the work
i did this week. In terms of the core of the project, all that's left
after this is creating widgets for keys with enum values .. probably
the most complicated thing :) There's also writing GLADE support for
these things, possibly a tutorial to using it, and testing what I've
written on some guinea pig applications.

Sam