Re: Tagging & Emblems Weekly Reports

Hi everybody,

I am going to be away from home the next few days so I already provide
you with my report. I managed to write my first lines doing stuff in
gio/gfvs which actually might be useful later on for my work. For ow I
feel that I know enough about the GNOME libraries that I can start doing
my actual coding work, which is a good feeling. I now mainly investigate
which pieces of existing source code and infrastructure in nautilus for
instance I could use for my purposes. I guess a lot is already there
which I might only need to slightly enhance. But I am not quite sure
about that yet. The goal is, anyway, to come up with a fist iteration of
my project rather quickly(perhaps using mainly existing technology plus
new glue code) and then trying to enhance and improve.
Connected to that is that I am trying to figure out how to design a
GEmblem-Interface in gio if we/I actually create one...

I am sorry that I don't have much time to go into detail with all that.
I want to and will do that latest in my next report. The reason why I
don't do so now (besides lack of time) is that I am going to meet my
mentor Christian in Passau on Tuesday. I am really looking forward to
that and I am sure that we will have a fruitful discussion especially on
some of the design issues. Especially in this stage and considering the
amount of things we have to discuss and think about this meeting in
real-life is very important and I am lucky that I have the chance to do
that (geographically).

Best wishes to all of you

Clemens

PS: For those of you who are into electro(1.st link or really relaxed
beautiful music(~ambience/dub+ indie style, 2nd link). I have to
recommendations:
http://www.epsilonlab.com/main/releases/details.php?lang=en&id=53
http://kraftfuttermischwerk.de/mixtapes/sechs/Das%20Kraftfuttermischwerk%20-%20Netaudio%20Mixtape6%20-%20Kaffeehausmusik.mp3