Re: GSoC: Anjuta Vim Integration Weekly Reports

I'm sending mine in early 'cause I'm going out of the next couple of
days to meet some relatives and fellow GSoCers :-D.

Week 2
------

   The week got off to a bad start with my internet conking off, so 1
whole day dropped off my calendar. Immediately after that, I spent a day
writing a python script for vim [1] to give it DBus functionality. I
went on to create a mapping between all the functions of the interface
and equivalent Vim commands (or expressions). The next day was spent
with the Anjuta half of the same. I had a minor n00b attack, where I
panicked over a very minor issue. For 2.5 hours. The only plus point
being I re-evaluated all my options and justified that my current track
is probably the best one (and familiarized myself with the VTE widget).

   Finally, I spent some time making my plugin slightly more robust, but
it still crashses left and right because of unhandled errors and empty
interface code.

   I had a couple of discussions with my mentor again, on topics I may
face in the future. A few minor bug fixes that are yet to be reviewed. I
also had some commitments with my college to fulfill (I've allocated 1
day a week for that).

The Week Ahead
   I will return from my trip on the 10th (~ 1300 UTC). I have to finish
off all of those implementations, and handle errors so that it doesn't
crash.

[1] vim-dbus.py :
http://code.google.com/p/anjuta-gvim/source/browse/trunk/src/vim-dbus.py

Sayonara Amigos,