F-Spot sidebar improvements: Week 1 Report

Hi all!

 [ For information about my GSoC project, fast-forward to the bottom ]

Like some other students, I'm currently in the middle of my exams. This
effectively means that progress is slow (as expected and discussed with
my mentor).

I did perform my first task, reviving and porting the old sidebar patch
[1]. Further work will be based on this.

For now, that is all, I'm restraining myself a bit from hacking to keep
my exam scores safe. Will make up for that though.

Have a nice second week everybody!
   Ruben

[1]: http://weblog.savanne.be/136-f-spot-0-4-4-first-gsoc-work

About the project:

I will be working on F-Spot and concentrate on the sidebar, editing
tools and other usability work.

http://weblog.savanne.be/tags/summerofcode
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/gnome/appinfo.html?csaid=1EF7F7EDFE7E57BE

--