In the Mood - weekly report 1

Hi all,

I am a lucky one without any exams right now, so I was able to spend a
solid week working on my project, "In the Mood" (formerly SuperRandom,
a predictive playback plugin for Rhythmbox).  However, I still don't
have much to show for it, as I'm spending the first two weeks deciding
on a library to use for audio processing (where "deciding" means
compiling sample applications and writing short programs).  So far I
have looked at three - aubio, Marsyas, and CLAM, and this week I will
experiment with some others, beginning with libxtract.

Last week I also wrote a short review of scientific literature on
music similarity analysis, which I put up on a project page at
http://code.google.com/p/rhythmbox-predictive-playback.  I've been
writing some ideas and a roadmap on this page, and I'm keeping track
of my progress on my blog at http://undamped.blogspot.com.  So far I
have gotten a few useful comments from the GNOME community, which is
fantastic.

I like these weekly reports, it's great to hear what everyone else is
doing.  Have fun with week 2,

Charlotte