Weekly Report - Individual Workspace Wallpapers

Hi all,

Like many I've spent my last week preparing for and taking exams. I've
only got one more left for my entire course which is on June 10th.

I have however been doing some ground work on my project; mainly
familiarising myself with the code and bouncing some ideas regarding
the backend of the background rendering code with my mentor Jens
Granseuer. So not a lot of progress yet, but I feel that I've got a
good idea of what needs to be done and so I can now start working on
it over the next week.
I've also been doing a bit of work on improving the git-svn support in
jhbuild; namely I've sped up the handling of svn:externals by a huge
amount, but have just discovered a bug when svn:externals are deleted
from a repository. I've also been trying to set up git-svn tracking
repositories on git.jsharpe.net so that they automatically track the
subversion repository; I'm still trying to sort out the correct way to
handle the refs as a normal git-clone currently doesn't retrieve all
the branches and git-svn doesn't automatically support bare
repositories so I'm having to experiment a bit to get it working. I'll
probably blog about it once I've worked out the correct procedure as
there seems to be a lack of information about using git-svn with bare
repositories.

That's all for this week!

James