F-Spot sidebar improvements: Week 6 Report

Hi all!

 [ For information about my GSoC project, fast-forward to the bottom ]

This weekly report is brought to you from the lobby of the Sultanahmet
Golden Horn hotel in Istanbul. As planned, last week consisted of
further work of the sidebar, including looking into how I can port the
more complex editing tools. I also took care of all the needed GUADEC
preparation and the travel there.

Being able to finally visit GUADEC is quite a nice experience, lots of
wonderful people here. I'm not sure how much hacking I'll be able to do
in this atmosphere, but it's certainly refreshing. Fortunately, I've
decided my SoC doesn't end on August 18, there's way too much
opportunities besides the sidebar to work on.

Cheers,
   Ruben Vermeersch

About the project:

I will be working on F-Spot and concentrate on the sidebar, editing
tools and other usability work.

http://weblog.savanne.be/tags/summerofcode
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/gnome/appinfo.html?csaid=1EF7F7EDFE7E57BE

--