Introducing myself

Hi all!

My name is Ruben Vermeersch and I'm a software engineering student at
the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. I live (and grew up) in
Aarschot/Leuven, Belgium.

When time permits it, I'm a very passionate photographer, I dream and
breathe by the sound of my camera shutter. You can view some of my work
on my photo site [1] or on Flickr [2].

I have been building web applications for almost 9 years now, using PHP
and more recently, the Zend Framework. For about 5 years, I have also
been involved in open-source software. I'm a contributor to the GNOME
project, especially Banshee and F-Spot. I'm a member of the GNOME
foundation.

In the summer of 2007, I participated in the IBM Extreme Blue project.
Together with three other students, we developed innovative mobile
services for Belgium's biggest telco, Belgacom. Our team was chosen as
the IBMbe team of Q3/2007 for our achievements.

This summer I'll be working on F-Spot, as a Summer of Code project. My
proposal [3] is related to the F-Spot sidebar. Very nice to be a part of
this, let the fun begin!

Cheers,
   Ruben

[1]: http://photo.savanne.be/