Report: Brave New X11 World

Hi everyone,

One of the ideas that was suggested when I first submitted my SOC
application was that users should also have the ability to clone a
specific section of the screen to another output. The best way to do
this, in my opinion, is to allow the user to drag and drop a rubber
band over the area they want to clone, or at least to move a rectangle
around the screen. Which one of these will be used will depend on
whether it is possible to handle a clone area that is a different
aspect ratio or size than the target display device. I have started
research into how one might allow the user to draw a bounding
rectangle on the screen (independent of any window), and to get the
coordinates of that rectangle within the screen. I haven't exactly
made a lot of progress there... any ideas?

I have also gotten edge snapping working with gnomecanvas. It might
seem silly, but for some reason I thought this would be difficult to
do, but it really wasn't.

Aside from that I haven't done much else. The last few weeks have been
relatively busy for various reasons. However, I am done my part time
job in a few days. After that, I will be able to dedicate much more
time to SOC. The next thing I will do is submit some patches for gdk,
regarding the bug listed in my last progress report.

That's it for now.

Pascal