GSoC - Mango Revamp

Hi;

I did not introduce my project, yet. I'll try to explain what mango is
and why it is used. Project details are already in l.g.o[1], so anyone
interested can read it from there.

Mango can be seen as a LDAP management tool. As most GNOME accounts are
handled throught LDAP, having a web based management software specific
to GNOME LDAP scheme is hery helpful for administrators, and owners of
the accounts as well.

Current problem with mango is about not enough automated structure.
System Administrators still need to check various stuff, which can be
automated using necessary data GNOME infrastructure already have.

My aim for this project is to overcome obstacles both system
administrators have, and also let some stuff, such as changing e-mail
addresses or public keys, handled without need of prior work from
sysadmins. However sysadmins should be able to track the process.

What I did up to today is basically making mango ready for my coding,
setting it up on my local environment. There needs to be some major
changes in LDAP schemes, which needs approvals and deep thinking. I'll
post the changes I made for LDAP scheme if it's ok.

On l.g.o timeline is not ready, but I've been very busy with other
things either in my daily life and GNOME Turkey - we're trying to host
GUADEC 2008 in Istanbul -.

I hope I'll get on track for GSoC in upcoming weeks. I will be able to
deliver better information about the progress of my project.

That's all now.

--
[1] http://live.gnome.org/Sysadmin/Mango_Revamp