SoC progress - Buddhika Laknath - FoieGras

hi all,

Well, since this is the first report about my progress in the project, I'll try to mention what has happened for about last few weeks up to now.

First as Phanatic pointed out in his report since this app is divided between 2 students, we first planed how to divide the work load and what are the basic goals we have to achieve. We, that means our mentors, phenatic and I thought it'll be good if I do the GUI parts, widgets and phenatic will do the internal functions. That's the plan for now.

What I'm doing currently
I'm getting ready for my work. I haven't done any coding yet, because I've been busy with some of unfinished work at my work place(basically doing some web work for open source community) and trying to get that finished asap. But I've been reading on PyGTK which I'm thinking of using for the GUI part. I haven't worked much with pygtk so I'm reading and testing with pygtk. My experience has been mostly with java, so I'm looking into the ways of python.   I've also have been looking into other editors such as bluefish, nvu .etc in hope to gain ideas or to see how they are implemented.

So basically this is what is been going on now. Reading and testing in most parts. But I think it'll pay off when starts the coding.

Buddhika