SPR 2007-07-31: Foie Gras (application shell)

Hi,

sorry for the late report, but the last weeks were pretty busy.

Starting with some non-SoC stuff: GUADEC was simply great! Not only
because of the book I got (Foundations of GTK+ Development by Andrew
Krause) ;)

The week after GUADEC was a bit hectic because of moving flats in one
city, and refurbishing another flat in another city at the same time.
But those times are finally over (the only problem is that there is no
internet connection in the new flat - yet).

Now back to business. During the Warm Up days at GUADEC, I've finished
some milestone features for the application shell: you can create
different version control profiles (only the Bazaar backend is supported
as of now, but a Subversion backend will hit the repository before the
end of summer, hopefully); you can also generate diffs once you have a
profile set up, but you can also commit your changes to the repository
(if you have a working tree available).

Unfortunately my mentor, Shaun, couldn't make it to GUADEC, but after a
short discussion on IRC, we decided that I'll continue with working on
the main window layout a bit during this week. We should get rid of all
those tag buttons on the toolbar, and those could be placed onto some
nice dockable windows.

Happy hacking,
Szilveszter