MPX Metacity Progress Report: 14/8/7

SoC progress report: August 14, 2007

Hello!

As I predicted last week, my "svn diff | wc -l" is now 3000 lines
bigger (it outputs "7866").

The part of the code that deals with input was completely restructured
so now it uses XInput events instead of core events. We can now do
things like move/resize windows using any mouse (not only Metacity's
ClientPointer). We also have multiple focus working now.

What still doesn't work:
Moving/resizing multiple windows at the same time.
Window borders and titles that doesn't confuse users (correctly
indicating the window's focused devices).
Minor undetected bugs?

About the menu widget: MPX changed a little bit the way it deals with
passive core grabs and I didn't have time to recompile/test it until
today. I'm now recompiling it and I'm gonna test after. There is a
chance that gtk's menu widget will now work without any patches.

About code commiting: my patch got way bigger, and I didn't have time
to completely review it. I'm not happy with some variable namings and
function prototypes, and I don't want to commit the code as it is. If
you want to try it, tell me so I can send you the patch with the
non-reviewed code. I really wished I could have split it in smaller
parts, but it wasn't possible. Sorry...

Task order this week:
1 - Correct window borders
2 - Allow multiple operations at the same time
3 - Make menu widget work for any device that clicks it (if needed!).
4 - Review/commit the patch(...).

Cheers,
Paulo.