Progress Report - Gnome RandR

Hi everyone,

Some progress at last! Most of the actual C code I have written over
the summer so far was in the form of one large, disorganized file. I
had a design for the whole system in my head and I would think of
functions that would be necessary. I would then add that function to
the large file, and feed it test data until each function worked as I
hoped.

I have now taken all those odd bits of code, and reorganized them and
cleaned them up a bit. The whole thing is now actually using gobject,
and adheres to naming conventions and so forth. Also, since the GUI
code is in a .so file which is plugged into the persistent
gnome-settings-daemon module whenever needed, it now runs in its own
thread, so the GSD main loop is not blocked while using the GUI.

Finally, most of the widgets have been wired up to actual functions,
so they display data and you can interact with them. The data at this
point is still "fake" (generated by me), but really, the only thing
that is needed for that to be real data is one relatively simple
function which parses through some RandR output, and stores it in a
Profile struct.

Of course, there are still loads of bugs and things that don't work
right. The source files are full of /* TODO: */ comments. I'm still
far off from being complete, but I have been on a roll for the last
few days, and things are starting to feel like they are coming
together. It's really quite exciting!

That's all for now

Pascal