Re: Evince Annotation Support Progress 20070810

On 8/10/07, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> Hrm. I don't see why you would want to use libnotify there. Maybe you
> want something that look like balloons, like what the notifications are
> using, but it seems to me really weird to use libnotify for this:
> annotations are not notifications. (and maybe the content of an
> annotation can not fit with the current notification API)
>
> Oh, and it won't work well when you edit an annotation :-)

I was mainly against opening a new window just for an annotation
because the connection between the parent document and the window
might be lost.  The editing could be taken care of with the new API
that was being discussed around mugshot needing to add custom widgets
to the notification.  Maybe I misunderstood what notifications will be
capable of?

Adam