[gnome-slackware]OAF 0.6.8 asks for popt

When I tried to build OAF 0.6.8, configure told me it needed popt 1.5 or newer. So I downloaded and built the latest popt library (I think it’s 1.6.3). Now when I configure oaf again, it says

“Checking for poptDupArgv in –lpopt…. No”

and it tells me that popt 1.5 is required to build OAF.

What’s the problem? I have popt installed !

I tried to pass “—with-popt=/opt/gnome” but it won`t work.

The weird fact in this is that I once built this same version of OAF and it never asked me about popt….

Any help is greatly appreciated.