Re: GNOME Shell and system extensions being part of a mode

I'm really consciencous that the content is a little bit dense, but I wanted to lay out the problems and thinking I had gone through when getting into it. Talking with csoriano, I think I came up with a nice summary for this proposal:

Extensions enabled by a mode are part of the shell itself. The distro will, in that session, prefer loading the system installed version over user's downloaded one.

I hope that clears out the discussion :)
Then, from this, we can talk about Tweaks and other Shell APIā€¦

Didier