Re: Shell 3.26 / GJS Strict Mode settings

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017, at 10:38 AM, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
GJS is now using an updated mozjs engine, which implements ES6 and
drop compatibility for Mozilla extensions to the language.

For more information:

  -
  https://ptomato.wordpress.com/2017/04/22/javascript-news-from-gnome-3-24/
  -
  https://ptomato.wordpress.com/2017/07/30/modern-javascript-in-gnome-guadec-2017-talk/

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
https://www.bassi.io
[@] ebassi [@gmail.com]

Thank you very much for the great links. I think this explains many of
the warnings around exporting from modules, etc.

But I don't get why the warning about testing equality of undefined
variables, which is done all over the shell, is present? Does this need
to actually log a warning? It seems perfectly valid to me.

JS WARNING: [resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/search.js 636]: reference to
undefined property "searchInProgress"
JS WARNING: [resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/modalDialog.js 218]:
reference to undefined property "GdkX11Screen"

Thanks again!