Re: Shell 3.26 / GJS Strict Mode settings

On 9 October 2017 at 15:21, Jason DeRose <list derose io> wrote:
Can someone give me more information on the changes in 3.26 that have
lead to the increased number of warnings in GJS?

For example, equality comparison to an undefined variable now logs a
warning. But, not all uses of an undefined variable throw a warning, and
I would expect to see an error if the engine was running purely in
strict mode.

So basically I'm just curious as to what specifically has changed so I
can ensure my code is compliant with the engine's expectations?

GJS is now using an updated mozjs engine, which implements ES6 and
drop compatibility for Mozilla extensions to the language.

For more information:

  - https://ptomato.wordpress.com/2017/04/22/javascript-news-from-gnome-3-24/
  - https://ptomato.wordpress.com/2017/07/30/modern-javascript-in-gnome-guadec-2017-talk/

Ciao,