Re: Extensions requiring metadata update for 3.24

29.03.2017 03:04, Florian Müllner пишет:
On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 8:24 PM Jason DeRose <list derose io> wrote:
Ok, I see. It seems the behavior I read about was specifically patched
into Fedora 25

No, it's an upstream change:

However the setting applies to whether installed extensions that are out-of-date should be loaded by gnome-shell, nothing else. That is, you can now update to a new GNOME version without losing your existing extensions.

(Regarding extension installation, we are in a transition where we want to discourage the use of the website for installation/management in favor of the extension support in GNOME Software, but unfortunately the latter isn't quite up to par yet and therefore got delayed to the next development cycle)

Hello, Florian.

What is the reason to "discourage" website now while I working on it actively and closed almost half of existing bugzilla issues last months?
I don't think the goal is to "shutdown" it, so maybe we will work together to bring both solutions to GNOME users?

-- Florian