Re: My gripes with Gnome Shell

[deleted thread with various bits of hostility]

I'm disappointed that this thread went so off track.  We should honestly try to answer these questions instead of aggressively question people's work flows.  There is more hostility that is warranted and we should strive to keep  GNOME mailing lists as places that people feel welcome to ask questions even if they are challenging or possibly nonsensical .  Unless it is an obvious troll, in which case refer to the mailing list owner to take care of the issue.

Jean-Christophe Baptiste : to answer your question in regards to the tray design, last time I heard about it, the design is not complete.  I don't think anybody is quite happy with what we have right now.  Allan or Lapo can probably expand on that.  It is my assumption that we aren't done yet.  If you are interested in solving the problem then please visit #gnome-design on irc.gnome.org.

In regards to the date and having the year, you can probably create or hopefully someone else will be able to come up with an extension that will add the year to the date.  I can understand that a date string might not feel complete without adding the year.  I can't really tell you why we don't add the year, other than there might be space constraints or maybe it was not an important detail by our designers.  Feel free to talk to them on the design channel as I indicated before.

I see several date extensions that will add the year, so perhaps that will solve your problem.

Cheers,
sri