Re: trouble with lock screen

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 12:23:47PM +0000, Garrett Mitchener wrote:
On Mon, Mar 14, 2016, 11:10 PM Stephen Allen <marathon durandal gmail com>
wrote:

Same thing has been happening to me on Debian SID too. Very frustrating
because it goes away, for a short time, when a regression seems to
bring it back. Gnome-Shell 3.18.2 using XOrg not Wayland.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.  I'm trying to pin it down. So I turned
off notifications on the lock screen because I noticed that there were
usually notifications showing when it jams. I also wonder whether some
shell extension might be triggering the problem, maybe dash to dock or
workspaces to dock.

It happens without extensions for me - Personally think it has something
to do with powermanager, but don't have the expertise to back this up
with any conclusive. Because it's intermittent, it's hard to track down.
But I'm ready to go back to 3.14 if this persists. Ctrl-alt-backspace
works to get to GDM, (enabled via Tweak Tool option) but don't like
using that so frequently.

BTW I read the list so please don't cc me.