Re: Improvements to new system tray panel

On Mon, Oct 19, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

You know, we can't actually banned or discriminate against other apps?  I'm not
sure what you mean in this context?   Logically, if we banned or discriminated
against these apps; we wouldn't be using them. :)

They are banned from screen. And as a result the apps are unable to
provide their visual feedback. Skype, Pidgin, likely others as well.

    One of the listed bugs mentions topicons. Does that really work out of
    the box? It does not for me. Merge the idea of what it does into the
    "GUI core" for the time being and publish it along with the core.

Works for me, I've never had a problem with topicons.  Although I have stopped
using and using the notifications.  But I believe there can be a better story
there, my personal opinion.

Which GNOME version do you use?  Where did you get it from?
Which topicons version do you use?  Where did you get it from?

Olaf