Re: Improvements to new system tray panel

El 19-10-2015 06:18, Olaf Hering escribió:

Am 19.10.2015 um 05:27 schrieb Bastián Díaz:

Hello, from 3.16 I like the design approach used to address the problem of legacy tray icons.

Do you actively use and _work_with_ applications which are now banned
and discriminated due to that new "design"? And is that nervous little
thing in the lower left corner really desgined or just quickly hacked up?

Yes.

Do it right. Make every app which happens to use the APIs a first-class
citizen. Be a service and act in favour of such apps. Stop being a
dictator and punish third party apps, and in the end the users of such apps.

I'm trying to help make things better.

One of the listed bugs mentions topicons. Does that really work out of
the box? It does not for me. Merge the idea of what it does into the
"GUI core" for the time being and publish it along with the core.

I mentioned topicons as an extension, if you do not like the way gnome-shell work. He will not be found out of the box, but it is easy to install.

--
Bastián Díaz