Re: no DPMS on HDMI output while screen lock

On Monday, October 19, 2015, Thomas Meyer <thomas m3y3r de> wrote:

Am 19.10.2015 10:56 nachm. schrieb Martin Cigorraga <martincigorraga gmail com>:

> Hi Thomas

Hi Martin,

> I think it might be associated with the way the lock screen is intended to work: if you _lock_ your session none information should be disclosed - and that includes audio and video output too.
> What about using the extension 'Turn screen off'? What it really does is to invoke the 'xset' command, like: $ xset -display :0 dpms force off - but it's really handy to have it on the system menu too and of course let people appreciate the greatness of GNOME 3 :)

Okay, i see. Thanks for the hint!

I tried to find the relevant source code which is responsible for the screen locking, but I just skipped over the code. My bet would be screenShiels.js and some calls to a thing called loginManager? But what component exactly is initiating the dpms command? I didn't found it in the gnome-shell source code :-(

It is in the power plugin of gnome-settings-deamon