Re: Change Font in Top Panel

Hi John,

I'm doing it this way; if anyone else knows a better way please let me know:

Create a directory in ~/.local/share/themes/ like "Adwaita-small" with the a 'gnome-shell' directory inside:
$ mkdir -p ~/.local/share/themes/Adwaita-small/gnome-shell

Then create a file named gnome-shell.css inside with the following line:
#panel { font-size: small; }

Now you need to install GNOME Tweak Tool[0] and the 'User themes' extension. Some distros like Fedora have it already packaged, if your distro doesn't just head up to https//extensions.gnome.org and install it from there.
Fire up GNOME Tweak Tool, go to extensions and enable "User themes'; quit Tweak Tool, open it again and go to Appearance; select 'Adwaita-small' for the shell theme.

[0] You can do everything from the CLI of course but GNOME Tweak Tool makes it quite handy.

HTH, if not let us know.

-Martin