Assumpte: Re: [Qemu-discuss] No Live desktop since Ubuntu 14.10
Data: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 14:40:32 +0100
De: Narcis Garcia <informatica actiu net>
A: qemu-discuss nongnu org

I've found the problem: -cpu cannot be qemu32 or qemu64 as default.
Those CPUs make Ubuntu i386 fail since version 14.10 of Ubuntu or since
Xorg 1.16

El 22/10/15 a les 11:03, Narcis Garcia ha escrit:
I've tried all the graphics card options with Qemu (no virt-manager):
-vga [std|cirrus|vmware|qxl|xenfb|tcx|cg3|none]

but all versions of Ubuntu with Xorg 1.16 or newer fail Live-CD desktop
sessions.
Failure tests with Lubuntu, Ubuntu-Mate, Ubuntu-Gnome {14.10, 15.04 and
15.10}. Success tests with any Ubuntu upto 14.04

Once the system is installed, graphic session work right.
In real hardware both Live & installed work right.
I tried with VirtualBox and any Ubuntu-Live work fine.

Does anybody know why this problem and how to avoid it?

Thanks.

El 12/11/15 a les 14:29, Michael Thayer ha escrit:
[Re-sending this as it does not seem to be arriving.  Please excuse me
if it is delivered twice.]

Hello,

I am currently trying to work out why GNOME Shell from Fedora 23 hangs
before reaching the desktop when I start it under VirtualBox with 3D
pass-through enabled.  I am guessing that we implement something wrong,
or do not implement something that GNOME Shell needs, but I would love
some clues as to how I can identify what that is.  When I log the OpenGL
commands we pass through it is a very long list (well over 100000
entries), too long to go through without an idea what to look for.  It
keeps on sending commands until at some point after several minutes it
gives up and exits.

Clearly debugging this via ssh is not a problem in this set-up.  I am
more than happy to provide additional feedback (I did not want to create
an entry in your bug tracker as it is most likely a problem on our side).

Thanks.

Regards,

Michael