GNOME Shell under VirtualBox

Hello,

I am currently trying to work out why GNOME Shell from Fedora 23 hangs before reaching the desktop when I start it under VirtualBox with 3D pass-through enabled. I am guessing that we implement something wrong, or do not implement something that GNOME Shell needs, but I would love some clues as to how I can identify what that is. When I log the OpenGL commands we pass through it is a very long list (well over 100000 entries), too long to go through without an idea what to look for. It keeps on sending commands until at some point after several minutes it gives up and exits.

Clearly debugging this via ssh is not a problem in this set-up. I am more than happy to provide additional feedback (I did not want to create an entry in your bug tracker as it is most likely a problem on our side).

Thanks.

Regards,

Michael
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher