Re: Curtains off

Hello Pete;

For POS workstations (small bussinesses) I install "full" featured
desktop environment, because of normal (p.e.) restaurants wanting to use
e-mail, print menu sheets, and play ambient music too.

I believe GNU/Linux are good multitask systems for professional
environments, and Gnome 3 is a very good interface for touchscreens. Not
only this, I believe those softwares good for many other targets.

Currently, after some years of making Gnome3 installations, I see that
there is some problem with extensions capability. Extensions developers
tell severe difficulties to maintain them through versions, API (or
interpreter) is slow, and there seem to be some barriers for customizing
hard-coded things as this curtains matter.

El 12/08/15 a les 13:31, Pete Travis ha escrit:

On Aug 12, 2015 7:03 AM, "Narcis Garcia" <informatica actiu net