Problem with applications-overview tooltips

Hello,

I am trying to fix the gs-ext-applications-overview-tooltip extension, displaying tooltips under the icons in
the application-overview. Theoriginal extension
(https://github.com/fbianconi/gs-ext-applications-overview-tooltip) stopped working after gnome 3.8 and i try
to fix it for gnome >= 3.10. So far I was able to fix the extensiopn and add some enhancements, but I have
one Issue. The extension does not work, until i visit the overview and then re-enable the extension again.

The cause of this is, that in the enable() function of the extension I try to get list all of the app-icons
from the overview menu calling:

let appIcons = Main.overview.viewSelector.appDisplay._views[1].view._items;

The output of:

global.log("appIcons after enable",Object.getOwnPropertyNames(appIcons));

in the enable function shows nothing after the login or gnome.shell restart, After I go to the overview and
THEN re-enable the extension, I got the expected result (list of keys = appIcons). If I do this in the
looking-glass console, it works allright even after the restart of gnome-shell.

Could please someone help me with the issue ?

Greetings,

Karel

+  Karel Mácha
+  www.karlitos.net