Re: 'window-closed' signal?

Ok.. it seems easier to just connect to all windows and keep track of those (since in my opinion the window should still stay in the same workspace even if it gets moved while in a single monitor setup).  Do I have to explicitly disconnect from the window after it gets the 'unmanaged' signal, or will the object get deleted?

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Giovanni Campagna <scampa giovanni gmail com> wrote:
> Hmm, so I'd have to listen for the 'unmanaged' signal for every single
> window and keep track of that? seems like it'll add a bit of complexity but
> I guess I can manage.
>
> For the 'window-added' and 'window-removed' signals in MetaWorkspace, do
> those behave like 'window-left-monitor' and 'window-entered-monitor' in
> MetaScreen? i.e. if a window leaves one workspace and goes to another will
> that be a 'window-removed' and a 'window-added' event?

Yes, but you also need to keep the list of workspaces as they're added
and removed.
You can check the code in js/ui/workspace.js or
js/ui/workspaceThumbnails.js that deals with window-added/removed on a
single workspace, and js/ui/workspacesView.js for keeping the
workspace list up to date.

Giovanni

--
Diego Fernandez - 爱国