Re: Bugs

Emamanuele, Veri,

Redhat Bugzilla (v 4.4) has an ajax search that checks for duplicates when you complete a bug in description.
It would be nice if you could update to this.

- alex

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 12:17 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 07:08 -0600, Marshall Neill wrote:
> Now, new features that no one really asked for are implemented and the
> bugs keep piling up and extensions that worked, don't, themes that
> worked, don't.

I actually agree that GNOME in general would probably be better off if
we put more effort into fixing bugs and less into adding new buggy
things. GNOME is nowhere near as stable or reliable as proprietary
platforms.

But everything Emmanuelle said in his response is true, too.

GNOME Shell is probably one of the more stable modules. I would say that
in general, the applications have bigger issues. Also, some applications
are really stable compared to others.

If you really don't like bugs, my recommendation is to choose a stable
distro with old software, like Debian, and file bugs in that
distribution's bugtracker if there's a fix you'd like to see backported.
Older software doesn't necessarily mean fewer bugs, but it does mean
fewer new bugs.