Re: Setting to allow volume above 100%

On Mon, 2014-08-18 at 16:46 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
But on many machines 100% is not full volume. I have several
Thinkpads and they all need to be controlled above 100% for
sufficient volume. Why have the slider go further at all if 100%
should be the maximum?

Please read what I responded to.

That asserted that any distortions should be fixed as that is the root
cause. The 150% is a workaround for bad hardware. So distortions is
not
a root cause.

I guess I'm not understanding hardware well enough too see the issue
with distortion.

--
//Christian

Dropbox. Your files from anywhere: http://db.tt/U8MqkVR