Re: Setting to allow volume above 100%

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 08:23:55AM -0500, Christian Dysthe wrote:
On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 3:52 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 09:59:24AM +0200, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:
Excuse me if I may, but the "fix" is a workaround, a bit like
Macbooks
overheating when you close the lid so the forced the laptop to
go to sleep
so it cannot overheat. The reality is not all machines behave
the same.

100% should be the maximum. The problem is elsewhere. Hardware/driver
doesn't correctly report what the 100% is. That's why you have 150%
settings.

But on many machines 100% is not full volume. I have several
Thinkpads and they all need to be controlled above 100% for
sufficient volume. Why have the slider go further at all if 100%
should be the maximum?

Please read what I responded to.

That asserted that any distortions should be fixed as that is the root
cause. The 150% is a workaround for bad hardware. So distortions is not
a root cause.

--
Regards,
Olav