Re: Setting to allow volume above 100%

On Mon, 2014-08-18 at 09:07 +0200, Joakim Soderlund wrote:
I never use my internal laptop speakers as I have external ones. Due to
audio quality concerns I want neither the GNOME Shell controls nor the
multimedia keys to go above 100%.
I can understand why some people would want this though. But in case it
is ever implemented I'd like some setting to keep it at 100% or less.

Exactly.  And my original point - you can do exactly what everyone wants
- you go to Sound in Settings;  there you can go crazy doing whatever
you want, even adjust channels and applications independently.

Does anything prevent someone from making a Shell Extension which
overrides the volume control behavior?

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383