Re: Setting to allow volume above 100%

On Sun, 2014-08-17 at 17:25 -0500, Christian Dysthe wrote:
That's just a few. Now in Ubuntu 14.04 they have added an option to
be
allowed to go above 100% (unamplified) from the desktop and with
media
buttons. I would really like to see the same option in GNOME. I do
not
care whether it's amplified or not I simply want to be able to
control
my volume from the desktop and not have to enter sound settings for
it.

There should not be a setting for this.  You should be able to set it up
all the way by default. It is a lie for Sound Settings to pretend that
100% is less than the max, and for GNOME Shell to disallow going louder
than that. Unless 100% is set to prevent hardware damage, in which case
Sound Settings should not allow going above it.