Re: Let's talk about Bugzilla

Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
I know that bulk closing is probably the most controversial part of
this proposal - so I'll start by saying that I'm flexible on this part
of it. Using NEW and target-milestone is actually far more important.

As for bulk obsoleting (or using the version as a rule of thumb for
more aggressive triage), I think the question is whether we expect
developers to fix bugs that are more than two releases old. If the
answer is no, then why keep the bugs around?

Florian has added a couple of target-milestones that we can use to
flag priority issues in Bugzilla. I've added how to use
target-milestone to the guidelines I wrote [1], and removed the part
about obsoleting bugs. If no one objects, I'd like to start using NEW
and target-milestone to set some priorities.

Allan

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeShell/BugGuidelines