Personalise notification bar

Hi, I found this email via the chan irc, somebody say to me that you can
maybe help me.

I'm on gnome shell 3.10 (ubuntu-gnome 14.04 AMD64) actualy, and I want
to personalise my notification bar at the bottom of screen. I think that
I can do that by a css theme, but I don't know what to writte in.

In fat, I want change the height of the bar, make it transparent, and
make appear by didn't push all the screen of 72px up.

Because, I don't like that the screen is push up when I want answer to
my pidgin contacts, and the facebook picture are too small, so extended
in 64 pixel, my contacts picks are too ugly  :-).

I hope that you can help me, and if you do that, and I promess to do a
tutorial in french to do it (because it's my maternal language :-) )

Good day :-)