Re: Let's talk about Bugzilla

Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
 * Bulk close bugs from over two stable releases in the past.

I assume you mean bugs filed on GNOME prior to 3.8 should be closed; I
think Debian still has 3.8 in testing, which, while fairly old, would
still fall under the "two stable releases in the past" rule.

I know that bulk closing is probably the most controversial part of
this proposal - so I'll start by saying that I'm flexible on this part
of it. Using NEW and target-milestone is actually far more important.

As for bulk obsoleting (or using the version as a rule of thumb for
more aggressive triage), I think the question is whether we expect
developers to fix bugs that are more than two releases old. If the
answer is no, then why keep the bugs around?

Allan