Re: Installing specific versions of GNOME (Arch?)

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 5:17 AM, Amy <mathematical coffee gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

Some notes:

* I would rather take my GNOME 3.4 snapshot and upgrade it to 3.6, rather than taking my 3.8 snapshot and downgrading to 3.6 (since the [Downgrading Packages][0] page on the Arch wiki says not to downgrade packages if possible).
* I will certainly add gnome and gnome-extra to IgnoreGroup on all my VMs to freeze the versions as they are -- thanks! However I can't do this until I have a 3.6 VM.

I guess it doesn't matter if I mess around with the downgrading though, because I can just take lots of snapshots to restore to :)

I will play with a few methods (I think I need to keep searching the Arch wiki for ways to upgrade to a specific version rather than downgrade to a specific version, but failing that I'll downgrade from 3.8) and report back.

You can use the ARM: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ARM

--
Evandro