Re: Installing specific versions of GNOME (Arch?)

Hi Amy,

I would try add package groups gnome and gnome-extra to IgnoreGroup line which can be found from pacman config file /etc/pacman.conf. Also you should add other gnome version dependent packages to IgnorePkg line.
I have not tried this by myself, so please take snapshot or backup before trying upgrade with ignore options.

More info on Arch Linux wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pacman#Skip_package_group_from_being_upgraded

Maybe someone else can confirm that this is right way to do this?

-Joni