Re: Why not add some more convenient features to Shell?

Le vendredi 31 mai 2013 à 00:08 +0530, Rahul Jain a écrit :
Hiya, it seems to me that everything in Shell has only one autistic,
inflexible way of doing things. I think Shell is polished enough by
now, so why not start adding more features?

For example, the right click desktop menu can be utilized for a very
productive, yet clean menu. But currently is fat and useless. I'm all
for touch-friendly, but not at the expense of real productive
computing,. Not looking to troll or anything but here is a simple
suggestion (mockup) to show you what a couple extra options to right
menu can bring in terms of convenience and productivity.

http://i42.tinypic.com/bfqejl.jpg

See what I mean? People will probably love little things like this
that can make lives easier. And look how beautifully it matches the
Shell's slick aesthetics! ;) So I just wanted to say, start adding
stuff now, even little enhancements. Put it out there. It's the little
conveniences and time-savers that make users happy.
Sorry, that doesn't make any sense to me. What's the point of
duplicating the overview in a tiny menu hidden below all of your
windows? I can't remember the last time I've seen my desktop given the
number of windows I keep open all day.

My two cents