Re: No transparent terminals in default Gnome 3.8 DE?

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
On Wednesday, 22 May 2013, Onyeibo Oku wrote:

Just migrated to GS 3.8 on Fedora 19 (beta)

Its shocking that I cant see activities happening behind overlapping
gnome-terminal windows as before.  Why was this feature removed?  This
one removal really gets my goats

I know that this list is considered by somebody like a catch-all list for GNOME development, and that the
Shell seems to be the place where every complaint about GNOME should be directed; but please: the removal
of this *application* feature has nothing to do with the Shell, so there is no point in discussing it on
gnome-shell-list.

This discussion really shouldn't happen on this list, but now that it
has, I feel that closing the thread it with the following link would
be helpful:

https://live.gnome.org/Terminal/FAQ#How_can_I_make_the_terminal_transparent.3F

(Hoping there are no more replies to this thread)

Cheers,

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan

Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team