Re: Bring back some features of 3.6

Hi Hashem

I started with Gnome in 2006.  That is a long time ago for one to be a Linux supporter .  I followed improvements and was loyal to using Gnome.

But then, Gnome dumbed down nautilus, so I switched to using Thunar, and put Nautilus aside.  The new 3.8 interface has some redeeming features, such as sliding the window to the extreme left or right margin, but then, have you ever counted the number of mouse left-key clicks to find a program that is not in "Favourites" or "Frequent." ?

I was able to do it in 6 clicks, with scrolling interspersed.   SIX mouse clicks to invoke a program. (or 7, if the program is in utilities or system grouping).

I ask only one answer to the following:  Do you think that Mint14 with Mate or Cinnamon did gain from Gnome users who got tired of clicking the left mouse button up to 7 times, or not providing a public roadmap?

I found for my needs that the 3.6 interface as currently in SUSE12.3 is better than the 3.8 interface used in Fedora 19.  Thunar replaces the dumbed down nautilus.  (Bautilus up unti Fedora 15) was what a user expected.

Yes it is the wrong place to post things with this interest group. I have created a few change requests with bugzilla.  Lets see what transpires.

You may contact me off line if you wish. I am quite friendly.

Regards

 Leslie
Mr. Leslie Satenstein
50 years in Information Technology and going strong.
Yesterday was a good day, today is a better day,
and tomorrow will be even better.
lsatenstein yahoo com
alternative: leslie satenstein gmail com
SENT FROM MY OPEN SOURCE LINUX SYSTEM.