Gnome 3.8 Shell Redundant Activity button (or whatever it is)

Here is my view. The Activity word on the top left of the screen should be replaced by the 9 sided die that is currently on the favourites bar.
Remove the die from the favourites bar or allow it to be first at the top.

With the Activity word removed, and replaced, allow the user to click the replacement die once, to open up the full icon display and as well, the search box.
Just opening up the full icon display with the first click would be most practical.

Why keep this button around?  So far it takes up to 4 mouse clicks to launch some applications.  I could see reducing this to two mouse clicks maximum.

It is very painful for my finger that needs to constantly click on the left mouse button.

SENT FROM MY OPEN SOURCE LINUX SYSTEM.

Regards

 Leslie
Mr. Leslie Satenstein
50 years in Information Technology and going strong.
Yesterday was a good day, today is a better day,
and tomorrow will be even better.
mailto:lsatenstein yahoo com
alternative: leslie satenstein itbms biz
www.itbms.biz  www.eclipseguard.com