Re: Why modal dialogs are not movable?

On Thu, 2013-04-04 at 16:09 +0300, Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
On Thu, 2013-04-04 at 15:49 +0300, Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
Hmm but shouldn't that setting be in a more obvious place?
Which results in mega-panels of configuration options.
I keep a little script that sets all the gsettings I prefer;  on a new
GNOME desktop I can just run that and away I go.  Sort of like a lame
group-policy / roaming-profile.
Too much simplification leads to too much sophistication in the end :)

Yep,  six of one, half dozen of another.

My mantra: "Complexity is real and can never be removed.  It can only be
hidden; it is an intellectual sin to ever let yourself think it has
actually gone away."

But after 20+ years in IT I can definitively say that complexity scares
the &@^*&$@(**@ crap out of most people [in a visceral gut level way] -
they need to believe "it" is simple.  So a [false] facade is [sadly] a
good thing.  As long as the wizards can easily slip behind the curtains,
it's all good by me.

Well I don't want to remember the gsettings key every time I install a
GNOME desktop.

Exactly, and I never do - the script does that! :)

Anyway, thanks :)

Your welcome.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383