Re: Why modal dialogs are not movable?

On Thu, 2013-04-04 at 15:49 +0300, Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
Hmm but shouldn't that setting be in a more obvious place?

Which results in mega-panels of configuration options.

This may be exposed in gnome-tweak-tool, it sounds familiar.

OK it is a
design decision but why in the first place it is by default attached?

Because that was the "design decision"! :)

I can say that for most muggles it works well, it keeps the dialog
associated with the application that owns it [which really does confuse
lots of users].  Non-muggles aren't afraid of something like
gnome-tweak-tool ["go here to change all the non-standard changable
stuff"] or even gsettings.

I keep a little script that sets all the gsettings I prefer;  on a new
GNOME desktop I can just run that and away I go.  Sort of like a lame
group-policy / roaming-profile.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383