Re: Launcher for a Java application doesn't 'collect' application instances

Il 19/09/2012 14:56, Adam Tauno Williams ha scritto:
Yes,  Alt-F2, lg<Enter>, click "Windows", reveals a wmclass of -

   com-install4j-runtime-launcher-Launcher

- which I'm assuming is a 'generic value'.  Hmmm... that sucks.

It sure suck, some Java applications I'm using do the same. Fortunately, they use a generic value, but these values are different from each other and I can happily rename their desktop files for having the desired matching.

If that app is the only one that uses "com-install4j-runtime-launcher-Launcher" on your system, you should be able to rename the desktop file to that value without further trouble.

Alessandro