Launcher for a Java application doesn't 'collect' application instances

I use the completely amazing SQL database client/tool DbVisualizer in
GNOME 3.2 on openSUSE 12.1 x86_64.

DbVisualizer is a mammoth Java application.

I create a ~/.local/share/applications/dbvis.desktop file so that GNOME3
knowns the application exists and I can start if via Alt-F1, dbv<enter>.
It appears in the overview via search correctly, and starts correctly.

But multiple instances of the application are not 'collected' into a
since icon in the favorites bar like other application.  Every instance
of DbVisualizer gets a new icon in the bar, and if I add it as a
favorite - it appears as a favorite - but clicking the icon always
starts a new instance that creates yet another icon on the launcher.

Is there a trick to getting the expected behavior [with Java apps??]?

#!/usr/bin/env xdg-open

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Terminal=false
Icon[en_US]=/opt/dbvis80/.install4j/dbvis.png
Exec=/opt/dbvis80/dbvis
Name[en_US]=DBVisualizer 8.0
Comment[en_US]=The world's most awesome SQL client
Name=DBVisualizer
Comment=The world's most awesome SQL client
Icon=/opt/dbvis80/.install4j/dbvis.png

---
GNOME3 - The desktop, evolved.