Increasing the maximum number of results in the searches

Hello

I'm trying to write a simple GS extension which increase the max number of results in the searches from the overview.

I've managed to set the number of lines of results using:

injections['createResultContainerActor'] = injectToFunction(Search.SearchProvider.prototype, 'createResultContainerActor', function() {
  global.log('overloaded');
let grid = new IconGrid.IconGrid({ rowLimit: 3, xAlign: St.Align.START });
  let actor = new SearchDisplay.GridSearchResults(this, grid);
  return actor;
});

The previous code overloads the createResultContainerActor for SearchProvider creating a new GridSearchResults with 3 lines of results items.

During the first search I obtain my three rows of results but after that every next searches return only one row of results. This applies to all my search providers, as well as the applications provider.

Is there something other I need to monitor to continue to show my 3 rows of results during the searches?

TIA

--
Muflone